View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Exil3d
Banned User

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pro 2 is Also missing 3d accelaration. Confirmed!

Ok it official! I finally tested both the tmobile and Telus Pro2. I spent about a good hour on both and tried igo, tom tom, livemaps, goofle maps, teeter, and a few other apps on it. I playwd with the Tf3d2, tested ut, opened all the windows on WM 6.1 and scrolled around to test the 2d abilities.I tested the Camerawith different formats and settings and took pics and vidsand opened up alot off apps to hog the memory and see thw performance hit and see if it bogs down. So.... after doing all of than I came to a solid conclusion. There is no 3d accelaration. Its exactly the samme as thw Pro 2. Tomtom,igo,live,googlemaps,opera9.5,PIE,teeter,fil e explorer, 6.1 in general scrooling arw 100% identical to Pro 1. I was expecting at least a bit smoother rendering since its Part 2 but no, we are getting the exact same deal as Pro1. Ok, now on the positive side. Loud Speaker is better and louder. Screen is a bit more responsive to the touch but not by much. A fww times I did have to double tap to get a response. Camera is a bit better but still suffer the low light stutter we have with the Pro1.So going from bright to low light makes the video crawl bad. The keyboard us the only feature that I really consider a good upgrade. Its actualky very very very nice and I can easily speed text without a priblem.The screen is also another great upgradeand it does not have the limited viewing problem some Touch ppcs had. OVERALL THE SIze OF THE PHONE IS NOT THAT BIG, I was wxpecting a bigger phone so thats another plus. Another issue I noticed was thats it has 256 ram instead of 288 like the Pro 1. We went back again. I did throw in the XDA drivers thats suppose to make it render better but I was dissapointed because it did not give the phone the boost I was hoping. It just made tf3d a bit faster nothing else. There was still that terrible 2d page twaring when browsing thru files using File Explorer. Very sad. I PLAYED A hD video on tcpmp (Wall-e) and to my surprise it bogged down a bit in a few scenes just like Pro did. So finalized this, I am dissapointed greatly. Only was I will get ut is if Sprint swaps it for my Pro. Otherwise absolutely no way in hades. Remember, bwfore anyone flames me.. this is solely my opinion and no one elses. Performance wise it its 3d and 2d abilities compared to the iphone its 30% of what the iphone renders in 2d and 3d. And dont flame me because Im comparing it to the iphone, I know sone of you hate to comoare anything to the iphone, but reality check... iphone sets the bar high in its 3d and 2d abilities and HTC should match it if hot surpassed it by now.
This post has been thanked 8 times.