View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 03:40 PM
tripwalking
Lurker

tripwalking is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Activesync error... aka >100 error

I've spent a lot of time over the last week or so trying to troubleshoot the sync error I've been getting with activesync and google sync. I keep all contacts in my google contact list, and up till a week or so ago everything was working perfectly. Then I was getting a sync error and it wouldn't sync any contacts from google. There were still some contacts left on the device from a beta microsoft sync program I tried, but I decided to stick with google. This made me think it was something in the relationship between google and AS. If you've had this problem, you have probably come across many threads in the google forums and here and elsewhere all saying slightly different things. I won't go into details, but many of them say it's a problem with having over 100 contacts since the sync will go up to 100 then stop and not add any to the device. I have over 100 contacts too.

What solved it for me was a simple house cleaning of my contact list. I had one contact called <unnamed contact> or something like that, and some email addresses without names. I added names to those and deleted that unnamed contact, and the first sync afterwards was flawless. I also read somewhere that you need to add info to your personal contact card in the database.

This is on a Telus touch diamond with the latest Juicy rom.

Hope this was able to help someone!
This post has been thanked 1 times.