Thread: gps question
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 02:08 PM
bradart
Officer Android

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: gps question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
so its the satellites then? I quess that is what I was looking for. I was up til 2:30a looking at things (in bed on my phone) and was really tired. I was just thinking of things like cars with onstar satellites that can track like gps, and yet your phone calls can be routed thru and they can contact you thru it as well when you press call button. Would that be like VOIP? why does that satellite navigate and give you contactability? I understand that gps uses sats to nav, and dsl internet uses sats for net. Just didn't understand there being 2 diff types of sats in sky. Was hoping that maybe some of the sats in sky had gps function (as well as data transmit).

Edit: Maybe cause my tp doesn't have a digital gps radio.
DSL does not use satellites. They have base stations and wire running on land. On star uses gps to locate you and a cellphone protocol to talk. also, theres a hell of a lot more varieties of satellites than 2.

Sponsored by Kools.