Thread: brick phone
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 12:22 PM
JQuill
Regular 'Geeker

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: brick phone

First of all, don't post in this forum with your phone issues, wrong place to do it, you need to read the forum rules before posting again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nize2beme View Post
Ok I need help... lets say I need an excuse to have my phone replaced b/c Sprint here is terrible about replacing phones even though i pay $7 per month for both phones for coverage. They always try and blame everything on me, saying I must have dropped it etc. even though there are no marks on it. Took me 4 visits to get them to replace a 800w that kept requiring a hard reset twice a week, they said I dropped it...
Sprint will replace your phone no matter WHAT the reason as long as you pay the deductible you AGREED to pay once you signed up for the $7 a month coverage...I'd say that's pretty fair, not "terrible"

Quote:
ANyway... I am having huge issues with my diamond, and just last week the screen cracked b/c it as so hot. I never have dropped the phone once, I love it in fact, but while tethering it gets really hot and one day I noticed a crack all the way accross. The heat has also warped the battery case.
This is literally, absolutely physically impossible...look up the type of plastic the digitizer is made out of and look up it's tolerance for heat...

AND it is your digitizer that is cracked and not your LCD screen. The digitizer is the touch sensitive piece of plastic that goes OVER your LCD screen and they work in unison...you can find one on ebay for $30 and replace the part yourself, it's EASY.

Quote:
So i need to replace my phone, but they don't beleive that heat caused this issue. HOWEVER if my phone happened to not work anymore, they have no problem replacing it for me for free, instead they want me to pay to ship it off, so outside the $7 a month, I have to pay $50 deuctible and don't have a phone for a few days. Doesn't make sense, I didn't do anything wrong...
The deductible is not $50 anymore, this is proof you probably haven't even been to a sprint store. It's $120 at the store for a new phone, and then $100 over the phone NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON. And they don't charge you a penny for shipping, and they don't require you to send your broken phone to them before they send you a new one. Also, it is TEP's policy to overnight replacement phones if you order it via telephone, so you wouldn't be without a phone for one minute.

Quote:
Any ideas on how I can make my phone not work anymore? I keep unplugging it during rom upgrades but of course it just goes to boot loader where it can easily be fixed. I relocked the phone and everything, just need to make it not work so i can get a new one, which hopefully will last longer than 6 months this time.

And BTW, i love this phone, my 800w I can't say the same.

If you can't afford these phones, don't buy em...get boost mobile. And stop wasting everybody's time.

Last edited by JQuill; 08-26-2009 at 12:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.