View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 04:16 PM
chronster
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Specs released

Quote:
Originally Posted by VsB View Post
Not disagreeing with you, just pointing to a finer and important detail on the history of sim lock policy on Sprint vs Verizon CDMA+GSM handsets.

My point was while overseas, you can put any sim in Sprint "Worldphones" but cannot on the same Verizon model.

Otherwise I agree, when it comes to using non Sprint phones n Sprint, first Sprint wont allow CDMA phones not on their ESN list to run on their CDMA system.
Second, running a Sprint GSM sim in the US would be insanely expensive.
Thirdly it is possible/likely that on the US CDMA branded versions GSM 900 and 1800 will be enabled but that GSM 850 and 1900 will be disabled.

So lets say I get the TP2, then for whatever reason, I want to switch to tmobile. All I need to do then is to have tmobile send me a sim card?

Or better yet, what if I want to keep my sprint account, but for some reason want to also pay for a tmobile account. Would popping in that sim card automatically switch me over?

Finally, are there any wireless companies that have pay as you go plans combined with these sim cards?