View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 02:27 PM
bradart
Officer Android

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: please, diamont problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastelea View Post
can you tell me please what is the difference between GSM and CMDA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by catastelea View Post
and 2 more questions:

1. if i want to reset to factory settings, how do i do that, i tried vol. down + enter+ power ant didn`t work

2. if i install a ney rom can i get it to work on all networks?
CDMA is a completely different wireless technology from GSM. The only difference you need to worry about is whether or no the phone has a SIM card.
  • SIM card=GSM
  • No SIM card=CDMA

CDMA phone are programmed via the devices unique MEID, while GSM relies on the sim card for service reception.
  1. To return to factory settings:
    1. Find your carrier's (in this case Cosmote i guess) SHIPPED ROM. Not stock. Shipped.
    2. Flash that on your phone as you would any other ROM
  2. To use your phone on another carrier:
    1. First off, we've established your phone is GSM.
    2. It appears that your phone is already carrier unlocked, seeing as how you switched it from Orang eto Cosmote.
    3. All you'll have to do is switch SIM cards to switch carriers.
    4. You will only be able to move your phone to and from GSM networks. Basically, if the carrier doesn't use SIM cards, you can't use this phone on it.

Hit thanks if i helped.

Sponsored by Kools.
This post has been thanked 1 times.