Old 08-24-2009, 01:32 AM
rfox
Lurker
Threadstarter

rfox is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie WM Questions

I almost ended up getting the Samsung Mondi the very weekend it was released. I've been eyeing this beauty ever since it was spotted back in March. It's the closest thing that has the features I want for a MID. No, I don't live an one of the WiMax areas, but I don't want it for a phone anyway.

I want a handheld device so I want a larger screen than what's on smartphones, 4"-5" for ebook and document reading. Of course, I want other features like wifi, camera, mp3 player with both headphone jack and speakers. Of course I want to play games and see what an accelerometer can do for games sounds really intriguing. I also want the standard PIM, calendar/appointment, notes, and anything else I can load onto a handheld device that I might need on the go. Might as well throw in a GPS. Don't really need a real qwerty keyboard, but don't mind if it comes with one as long as it doesn't make the device too chunky. Is that too much to as for in a perfect device?

The Mondi processor is disappointing, but the real holdback for me is the lack of excitement for it which will mean little community support and development. Even Samsung themselves don't seem to want to continue development with it because they already said they're not going to update it with WM 6.5.

The pics and specs on the HTC Leo looks promising.
I'm also waiting for whatever the HTC Thoth will turn out to be too.
There seems to be a huge HTC community which leads me to believe I should go with a HTC product instead.
They are both suppose to be released later this year, so I can wait a few more months.