verizonguy
Regular 'Geeker

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcromwell View Post
So I have touch of buyer's remorse today
I bought the i760 online after holding on to my new every 2 for a while now. I am now thinking the 6800 might be a better fit for me. Can I just take the phone to the store and exchange it for the 6800 (Assuming it is released in the next 30 days) or do I have to mail it back and wait for a credit? Verizon does still honor the 30 day return policy on the new every 2 right? Maybe I will get over it when the i760 gets here
Steps:
Box it back up in the original box it came in.
In the box, you'll find a pre-paid fedex label. Attach it to the outside and keep the receipt part.
Watch FedEx.com to see when the package is received. Wait 2 days after it shows as received & call 1-800-711-7773 (operations aka online ordering department). Tell them you sent the phone back & it shows as received with fedex & you need to get credit and reset your new every two. The rep will verify it has been received, credit back your credit card for the phone, then transfer you to customer service for the contract/plan/new every 2 stuff.
This rep, will most likely tell you to pay full price for the phone you want and then to call back and they will credit you for the new every 2 fee. They will want to leave you in your contract and the new every 2 date the same as it is. Ask for a supervisor and insist on getting the contract date reset and the new every 2 date reset. They will then tell you they need to send a referral to another department...don't settle for this. Be polite but tell them you need to have a supervisor take care of it right away because you plan on buying another phone soon. Regardless of what the rep tells you, the supervisors in the call centers have the ability to instantly change your new every two date to any date they want to and also to reset your contract end date to any date they want, including one that has already passed.

If you don't do it this way, you won't get your advanced data credit (100) and your new every two. You'll end up paying full retail and then begging for a credit to your card otherwise.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.