tarheelB&B
Lurker

tarheelB&B is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Ozone

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo2turbo View Post
So, how do you get an ICS connection without VZ access manager? I use ICS control on my XV6900 and it works fabulously. What's the trick to tethering on the Ozone with ICS control?

Many thanks!
Again rhetoric issue here. ICS works fine on the Ozone. ICS control, that nifty program written that will allow you to route your data connection to wifi, Bluetooth or usb does not work on the Ozone. I used ICS CONTROL on my Xv6700 and it work perfectly.

There is no "trick" to get ICS to work on the Ozone. It works with the program called "modem link" after you of course change your DUN settings. However, it is a dial up connection and it doesnt like to burst the full Rev-a speed. You don't "need" VZW access manager. All VZWAM does is create a dial up connection in windows. you can do all this manually. I don't like VZWAM because i feel there is a way for them to track your tethering usage. Create a new dial up connection and make the phone number #777 and the usual credintials and you are set.
To get the NDIS connection that will allow you those rev-a bursts you need to install ICS on the ozone. If you use it instead of modem link, your computer will automatically detect the NDIS connection and allow our to receive the full rev-a speeds.