View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 05:30 PM
CovKid66
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Reviews

I still stand by my original review on page 1, and the pluses I outlined there.

I'll have had this 3 weeks I believe by the end of the weekend, and I can honestly say that I use this device more than any other I've owned in the past. And definitely way more for browsing, and even posting here as I'm doing now, than I would have considered with the TP, and really would not have considered with my Treo Pro if you know what I mean.

Here are my thoughts after about 3 weeks of use...

Pros
  • Keyboard is the absolute biggest pro. I love typing on this thing. With the TP I found myself using the SIP almost as much as the slider. Now I never use the SIP
  • Screen size is still a pro i.e. the W in WVGA
  • Tilt is a nice pro
  • Build quality -solid with no creaks (Telus model)
  • I personally like the slightly raised volume and power buttons. I did not like the fact they were virtually flush on the TP. At least I can find them now without having to look first!
  • New Bluetooth software interface is vastly improved and makes ActiveSync and File Transfer a breeze. I use File Transfer way more now, and always tended to pop my SD card out on the TP and transfer files that way for ease before
  • No overheating issues!!!
  • Battery is lasting longer than the TP...no real stats or #'s though sorry. Let's just say that I no longer worry about it running out if I'm on wifi and browsing for a few hours like the TP did
  • 3.5mm jack -I typcially never used by TP as an MP3 because of that. Can't say I've used the TP2 much for it either as yet, but I have used it a few times and it does make a big difference in terms of cable / connector clutter

No Issues
  • Size /weight has not been a pro or con -I can't say I've noticed it -not as far as coming from a TP is concerned anyway. However, if you're going from something like a Diamond, you're gonna notice it!
  • Phone features (calling/receiving) seems the same in terms of functionality
  • Can't say I've really noticed a difference in terms of call quality...but I'm not a huge phone call user, and use a BT headset for the most part when I do
  • I do not use TF3D so I can make no comments on the main UI sorry

Cons
  • Lack of a dpad is somewhat of a con. This will mean more to some and less to others. Gamers may hate not having it for instance.
  • Lack of a CTL key is a bit of a pain when you need a copy/paste and the tap and hold isn't available
  • Microsoft Voice Command takes longer to initiate when I press my BT headset button -and perhaps it's just me, but less reliable in terms of initial recognition too! I love that app too I will try another version I already have soon and see if it makes a difference
  • Lack of custom ROMs a real con But I know they're just around the corner baby!
My pros/cons are primarily hardware based. I won't comment too much on software in general as to me that's a moot point. Custom ROMs and 3rd party apps help in that department. In terms of software, everything I've always used still seems to work just fine. I use SprintDB for a database app and the extra screen size is a big plus there. And the same goes for SPB MobileShell 3...it rocks on the new screen!

Hope this helps.

Last edited by CovKid66; 09-15-2009 at 12:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.