View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 10:40 AM
zone23
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone signal too weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by featips View Post
Hello,

I installed Juicy 7 Kitchen on my Sprint Touch Pro. I found the cell phone signal bars is much less than what I previously have. Do I need to install the so-called 'radio'? I saw lots of 'radio' post flying here, but.......can not figure out how to do it.

Shall I install radio? In addition to consider carrier and model, anything elsi when choosing radio? Thanks.

Ha!Ha! I have found this to be true in many ROMs. I even at one time sent NRGZ a PM about it. I have found certain builds of NRGZs ROMs (for example) to show better signal than others. For example the latest build from NRGZ (8/11) shows 3 bars MAX. NRGZ 7/22 Build showed 5 bars all the time (I live next door to a tower). So I experimented and found (by using ##33284#) the signal strength registered by the phone was the same on both builds. Today I'm using Psyski's latest build and I get 5 bars all the time. Go figure. It seemed to me that when I get 5 bars I also get better battery life. I think it is related to the sys builds being used. NRGZ used a different SYS in the two different builds.

None of this is NRGZ fault he is just the chief I'm just using him as an example because those were the ROMs I was using. The bottom line is you need to use ##33284# to see were your signal strength really is and the bars probably mean nothing. Although I wonder if the phone is amping up and down the power to try and get a better signal but I don't know this.

I used two builds 7/22 and 8/1 (think it was) and every radio on those to builds and the signal strengths were all in the ball park of each other regardless of the number if bars I had.

Let me say this too based on the post below me, changing radios did not necessary get me more bars, every radio I tried which was ALL OF THEM the signal varied but the bars never went up. So the Verizon radio for example had the best signal by some amount of db but this did not get me 5 bars the bars stayed the same 3.

Last edited by zone23; 08-21-2009 at 10:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.