View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 12:40 PM
boredandtattooed
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Flashing a previously unlocked sprint htc touch pro to metro pcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatherman11891 View Post
Hello, my father recently got a palm pre and gave me his old sprint htc touch pro to replace my p.o.s. phone. However the htc touch pro is already unlocked and the metroflash, according to the woman at the metro pcs store, doesn't work.

I was wondering what step i need to take to make my htc touch compatible with the metroflash software. I am new to the pocket pc platform, but I'm very capable when it comes to technology.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because i really want this phone to work.
ok... im gonna go ahead and call BullS*it on this one....

your father bought a newer sprint phone, and gave you the device he was currently using b4 he purchased the new one... well why would you think its metro flashed, since he was obviously using it on sprint b4 giving it to you..... this is your Bulls*it!

The Truth:

Your local metro store(s) told you they wont/cant flash your phone for you... so you wanna know is there "another way" to get the device on Metro...

Solution(s):

its unfortunate your local store(s) are misleading you... Houdini, the software Metro uses to flash devices, will flash your TP no problem(minus data and mms).. they just know they cant sell u insurance and/or do repair work on it since its not Metro Branded, and are in short refusing your buisness as a new customer...

Houdini, is the only way to legally way get that Sprint TP on Metro...

1) check your local craigslist, there are always plenty of independent Metro Dealers willing to take your buisness and flash you onto Metro at their smaller, non corp store..

2) http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=14 the post that was copy/pasted by another above

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531236 another good one

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...tro+pcs&page=3 you want post #61 and 62(commonly when setting up the mms/data, your deleted cnnections come back due to not doing the "dummy file" part right, this link gives the solution for that)

thats really about all the help we can give you... youve gotta find a Metro dealer willing to flash for you, or you we cant help you go much farther than this.. sorry

***edit*** some was a faster typer than me, sorry for the double post basically lol

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-20-2009 at 12:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.