View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 02:16 PM
CovKid66
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr.solis View Post
Thanks CovKid66, You won me in respond that...

I try this too.

/HKCU/SOFTWARE/HTC/TaskManager/ExclusiveList/System/

and delete opera9.exe and operaL.exe

but it doesn't work. only killing the process You can do that modifications.
You can only truly close Opera via the HTC Task Manager or Opera's Exit function if you disable the Opera Push feature. I'll outline this shortly....

For anyone else that may be confused with all of the 'back and forth' posting regarding 'opera' task manager, closing, and push Internet stuff that's been going on in this thread, here's my attempt at a summary....
  • By default Opera will never appear in the HTC Task Manager by default
  • Also, when you tap the Opera main menu and select Exit and say "OK" to the "Do you want to exit Opera?" prompt, it does not really close Opera
For a resolution to both of these issues read on....

Per izuzu's post here, to add Opera to the HTC Task Manager, and I quote:
  • Go to: HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\System
  • There delete Opera9.exe (now it will show in the task manager)
You do NOT need to delete operal.exe from this list as you noted earlier jr.solis.

izuzu also quoted this:
  • Go to: HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\TerminateProcess
  • There, create a DWORD with the name Opera9.exe value "1"
in order to actually be able to use the X to stop Opera instead of simply minimizing it. However, I found this actually makes no difference what so ever. I may be wrong but I've tested and tested, and pressing the X from the HTC Task Manager will close it. However, pressing the X from Opera itself will close it or minimize it depending upon what you have configured within HTC Task Manager's settings under the button tab i.e. End programs by tapping "X" or End programs by tapping and holding "X"

And finally, and most importantly, in order to disable Opera's push Internet feature, per your earlier post here users can use this XDA thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532948

And this is actually the only way Opera will close properly, whether you use the X in HTC Task Manager or if you use Opera's own close functionality from its' own menu.

Special Note: If you do enable Opera to appear in the HTC Task Manager but do not install the cab for stopping 'push', closing Opera either way will make it disappear from the HTC Task Manager, but it WILL still be running in the background. Use the Processes tool in SKTools or something similar to prove this for yourself.

The pro to disabling 'push' is you get quite a bit of memory back. The con is that if you are then using the X to close opera each time it will never be running in the background and will take a few seconds to load each time you launch it. Personally I don't use the push, prefer the extra memory, and don't care if it takes a few seconds extra to load up.

Also, soft reset after making any of these changes.

Hope this helps to clarify the multiple Opera posts on these matters in particular.

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-19-2009 at 05:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 19 times.