View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 03:28 AM
kristmen
Lurker
Threadstarter

kristmen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can you clone a phone into a Touch Pro?

Yes I understand the legality of cloning phones but most people who clone phones are doing so for illegal purposes such as free calling, I'm not.

I think maybe I wasn't clear. Yes, I know Sprint will gladly change the phone for me, they even have that nifty phone ESN changer even though I've never personally got it to work right, I've always had to call.

ANYWAY, the reason I want to do it is because I want to use the Touch Pro for daily activities but when I need to use a phone for PAM (Phone as a Modem), I want to be able to use my Instinct.

Reading these forums, it seems the Touch Pro doesnt get such great battery life in PAM mode and it tends to over heat.

I even saw people joking about keeping the phone on an ice pack.

With my instinct, I can log on with my laptop and I don't even need to take my Instinct out of my pocket, it never over heats. Just sounds like the PRO has this problem a lot.

Honestly, if I could get a good rate on shared package, maybe a shared SERO account, I wouldn't mind having two phones but I'm paying $99.99 a month for the everything package and they want damn near double that for a shared unlimited package and I just can't justify that JUST to keep the other phone for the PAM feature.

If I had to pick one of the two, I'd probably stick with the Samsung Instinct right now.

Oh, also reading these forums, I've seen a bunch of threads with step-by-step instructions on cloning phones, 5~10 pages long so it would appear the subject matter does come up once in a while. Just not sure how you do it on the Touch Pro.

Thanks guys

Before I forget, if someone just wants to give me a SERO hookup for a family plan with unlimited data I sure would be grateful

Last edited by kristmen; 08-19-2009 at 03:32 AM.