View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Mylt1
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Considering the Verizon HTC Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
I expected the phone to last and it just didn't. The keyboard died on me and there really wasn't much I could do but send it into HTC to have it repaired which takes weeks. While being at HTC, I wouldn't be able to use any other phone (I got the TP onto VZW through a loophole they've now closed. Really the only way to get it on now is to get your ESN added to the database and it's pretty hard at this point). If I activated another phone, I wouldn't be able to use the TP once it came back.
thats not true at all. getting the ESN added is not a loophole, its part of there CSA and if you point that out to them they will accept the ESN. it will take a couple of days but they will add it. been there done that. the problem with some are they call there expecting the phone to be activated right then and there and when the tech tells them they cant do it right that second most get uppity and give up. if you talk to the tech's like human beings you will have no problems getting a sprint or alltel phone hooked up to VZN. you could have easily swapped to another phone and still have been able to reactivate the TP once you got it back from HTC. i dont know who told you you wouldnt but they lied to you. once the ESN is added, its there. there not going to take it out of there system just because you took the phone off your account. i have a 6800 from alltel that i swap on to my account every once and a while. its been in there system for a year give or take and hasnt been active in quite some time now and i can still add it to my account.