View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Talon Pro
Halfway to VIP Status

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can't Charge without HTC audio adapter connected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
The audio adapter might be tricking the phone into thinking its not plugged into a pc. And the motorolla usb charger probally does not have the extra wires in it that the phone needs to tell it that it is a wall charger.

Try this, go to the power settings and make sure the "When my device is turned on, do not charge while connected to the PC" is not checked.

It is the first panel in the power settings. Start > Settings > System > Power .
I disagree. For the wall charger, you only have the 2 wires, + and -. Like i said, i hacked a wall charger from a Samsung VM680 (the first video phone Sprint had) and only hooked up the red and black wires in the generic Geek Squad usb cable that i got in a lot of cables off of eBay. It charges fine (and fast since its a 1A output), as do the cable from my Creative Zen USB 2.0 (old 20G hard drive based player), the newer Zen Micro usb cable, one i have that i use for my USB Card Reader and so on and so on.

I still stand on my first impression that either
1. the physical port on the phone is busted
2. something is hinkied in the software
3. he is running a custom ROM, cause i saw a post where a guy is using a ROM, and apparently the person who made the ROM left out the 'Dont Charge while connected' option, so his phone wont charge when syncing either.

Im not the end all here, but i do know something about electronics as my dad was a radar tech in the Army and taught me a LOT.
This post has been thanked 1 times.