N00b
Threadstarter

thx1200 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro Graphics Slow Down Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
not that this should work... but for some reason this helped a guy that had terrible scrolling issues in his threaded messaging... claiming " you could literally see the scroll bar slow creeping" or something to that effect..

he used Diamond Tweak to to either change the scroll bar to small or none and it completely fixed his scrolling issue...

although, it wouldnt really be the answer to your problem persay, but you could try that and see if it gives you better navigation through the screens...

heck, youve tried everything else, might as well ya know lol
Although the scrollbars do visibly draw, and that's annoying, the problem is that all non-accelerated graphics slow down. The only thing that doesn't slow down is TF3D, YouTube, etc... all the things using the OpenGL drawing system. So, that might shave a few seconds off the draw time, but it introduces other annoyances... like not being able to scroll in non-finger apps. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I think I may have gleaned a little into what might be happening. Today I left my phone in my car for a few hours. Oops. It was hot when I took it out because it's like a million degrees here right now. It was slowed down. I'm beginning to wonder if this is a heat thing. Most often this problem occurs after charging or playing media or some other type of situation where the phone is active. Does the graphics chip just slow down when it gets hot? It certainly doesn't speed up again later when it cools down.

I might just be chasing the wrong path (again) here, but I'm totally at a loss. I can't figure this out. I'm getting @#$#@! tired of this phone. lol. I wish Sprint had more WM PDAs to choose from.

EDIT: do you have the link to the other discussion about slow threaded messaging? I'm wondering if it's the same problem, but different manifestations... Or maybe he never noticed that all GDI drawing was uberslow and fixated on the scrollbars. Man I'd love to see I'm not alone...

Last edited by thx1200; 08-18-2009 at 01:43 PM.