View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Talon Pro
Halfway to VIP Status

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can't Charge without HTC audio adapter connected

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinonice4 View Post
Thanks for the help everyone. Just an fyi, I am using the cable that came with the touch pro. So its not that I am using a cheap old cable.
The cable is of no nevermind. Its been proven for years that a regular USB Mini A cable works fine. Even the Sprint car charger has that end, not the proprietary HTC end.

Point is, you seem to ignore that there is SOMETHING wrong with the phone, either the port or software issues, because it will work when the adapter is plugged in. The phone knows its plugged in via an additional connection (only a guess really) and the software triggers the ports that would be available.

If you are running a custom ROM, im sure something there is causing it, if its stock, then something you have installed is causing the problem. I had my SIP keyboard screw up beyond repair when i installed the Weather Editor v1.1 cab, and had to do a hard reset. Now tell me why each time i do a hard reset, that i cant reproduce the issue?

There is a conflict plain and simple, you just need to look to the phone side of things, not the computer side.
This post has been thanked 1 times.