Old 08-17-2009, 01:43 AM
flyinonice4
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

flyinonice4 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can't Charge without HTC audio adapter connected

That did help a little. However, I cant even charge it from the computer unless the audio adapter is present so its not just data. And then it also happens with the razr charger which I can verify works on both the old razr and on a blackberry world edition. In addition, that razr charger used to work when I first tried it out even without the audio adapter. My phone seems to charge alright so I dont know where the problem is coming from. I am going to scrounge around for another cable and find out if that one works without the audio adapter. If so, I will use the adapter only with the razr charger (this functions as my travel charger that I plug into my power inverter in my car).

EDIT: I just tried a really cheap usb cable and it doesnt work with anything so I cant really test that out. However, I did test the usb cable I have needed the audio adapter with on my camera and my camera was able to function just fine without the need of the adapter. Could it be that my usb port on my touch pro is going bad? I mean it works with the adapter, but I really shouldn't need to use that in this case. Plus, I can verify that this cable is not faulty.

Last edited by flyinonice4; 08-17-2009 at 01:49 AM.