View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Biker1
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got data.. have a question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaned197 View Post
I finally broke down and got data/internet on sprint. Was previously only using wifi for all my internet needs but realized for this phone to be fully functional I need an internet plan.

My question is when I use the data (for example updating weather), the data symbol (two arrows) up top remains. Does this mean the phone is still receiving data and killing battery life? If so is there a quicker way then going into comm manager ---> data connection to turn it off?

Thanks!
If you kill the data but you use push mail, or pull mail set at intervals, or if you use data often, you will use more battery power to restart the data session than you would if you left data on.
This has been discussed by members here that cook their own ROMS and have done testing on the battery usage. If there is a gain, it is very little.
There is also a tweak you can do to the registry that would automatically turn data off in 60 seconds or whatever time you set.
Most set it to 60.
But as I said, if you use applications discussed above that use data or enterdata sessions often, it is best to leave data on.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-16-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: content
This post has been thanked 1 times.