Lurker
Threadstarter

LookItsTheFatKid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Considering the Verizon HTC Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

***edits*** see above, a VZW TP user with no complaints, yet give it a bit and someone else will post how bad it is... everyone gets a diff experience..
your family can upgrade without you... upgrades are based off of device life, not account life... if you all got your phone/plan at same time, yes, your all eligible at the same time, but your elibility does not go away.. they can purchase new phones, and u can hold off....

are you lookin at these devices due to VZWs $99 promo?? if so, my buddy has an omnia and i never thought he wouldve jumped to a touchscreen/winMO device... he loves it, theres plenty of dedcated sites for it and a few good ROMs as well
My main concern with the lack of a physical keyboard is that I don't want to use a stylus for texting. My fingers arent all that fat but I'm worried that it would be a lot harder without a keyboard. Otherwise I think that Omnia looks like a great option.

The price is what really has me looking at the phones. I have enough money from working this summer to buy a $500 or $600 phone unlocked I just can't justify spending that kind of money to myself.

Thanks for the input Gesani that sounds like it is similar to my own usage.
I thought about the warranty thing as well janko. I guess I will either get the Verizon TP or something different altogether because I don't want to be stuck without a phone for an extended period of time.

*Edit*
I guess I'm going to the Verizon store to try out the TP and the Samsung Omnia. I went to a Best Buy and another Verizon store around here and they didn't have either phone out. I called another Verizon Wireless store and they have both out. Would the Omnia be a better phone if I can get over not having the physical keyboard?

Last edited by LookItsTheFatKid; 08-16-2009 at 02:15 PM.