View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 07:11 AM
Biker1
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Upgrading to Touch Pro off ebay? Please Help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbutters View Post
Hello everyone, I am an owner of a Touch Diamond; I recently had my vibrator on the phone go out and the Sprint Technician said that it cannot be fixed so they are going to order me a brand new Touch Diamond.

Here's my question: Since I am getting a brand new phone, I want to sell it on ebay and then buy a Touch Pro off ebay and use that (I always kicked myself for getting the diamond when it first came out and then the touch pro came out and I had keyboard envy!)
So I understand the OS and hardware on the phone pretty well, but have no idea about the whole ESN clean vs dirty and whatnot.

When I receive this new Touch Diamond, Im sure they will swap my account over to the ESN on the new touch diamond. If I buy a Touch Pro off of ebay and want to sell my diamond on ebay, how do I sell the touch diamond with a "clean ESN" and how do I move my account to the new Touch Pro that I buy off of ebay?

Also, does anybody suggest waiting for the HTC Hero instead?

Any suggestions or comments are welcome, thanks a lot.
Since you are getting your Diamond from Sprint, it will have a clean ESN.
More importantly, your concern would be to make sure the Pro you get on Ebay has a clean ESN.
I never purchased a device off Ebay but I would ask the seller for the ESN before bidding on it. I would then call the carrier and see if the ESN is clean.
I am not sure if that can be done though due to Privacy issues but someone will be able to verify if that can be done, and if not, then what is the best way to verify an ESN.
As for the Hero, I don't know much about it. It is Android, so I don't know how stable the OS is at this stage of the game.
Maybe stick with WinMo until more info gets out regarding reviews, user's experiences, etc., etc.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin