View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 04:18 PM
zoglog
PPCGeeks Regular

zoglog is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen keeps on turning on

This has been driving me nuts. I used to use Grooverom and I switched to Juicy rom 8 hoping it would fix it, but the screen keeps on randomly turning on. Someone mentioned this might have something to do with reception and antenna switching. Is there any way to deactivate this as it's causing my phone to dial in my pocket =/

My touch diamond is a sprint version.

well found my own answer I guess about what's causing it

"This is something common to windows mobile and I had the same problem when i stayed at my parent's home which had poor reception.
The screen will turn on by itself, but shouldn't unlock your device if you locked it before sleeping it and unfortunately with touch flow 3D you have to set the hard key to lock or create an icon for you to lock the screen before sleeping, otherwise you risk calling people randomly and also just pressing things on the screen. The reason for this is caused by multiple factors.
1. Data is being sent/recieved - this relates to picture mail, e-mail, IM clients etc. If you have set up your e-mail, weather etc, to auto check then the device will wake each time.
2. Change of signal and service. If your device goes from No service into service it will also wake the device. Changing networks - home to roam - sprint to vzw etc. will also wake the device.
3. Not closing various 3rd party programs will also wake the device."

Errr.... Now I guess any solutions out there?

Last edited by zoglog; 08-14-2009 at 04:28 PM.