View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 02:00 PM
raidzero
N00b

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Titanium Bing tab...?

OK so I have no idea how I can make this into a redistributable package but I can give you instructions to make your own bing tab. This works on my ROM, I just did it (and wrote down every step of the way). You will need to come up with a bing icon, I could not find one so I used a faceless guy with a tie... onward!
CeRegEditor makes this much easier! Install it from here. This is a PC app: http://www.ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/fil...up_0.0.5.1.exe

1. Install chome configurator.
2. Open Chome Configurator and Tap on CLinks. tap menu, panel, customize. tap menu, page, new. tap yes to create a new page. tap menu, template, application launcher. tap bing. tap OK. type bing into the text box. tap ok. tap on an icon you want to use (you can use icons from anywhere on the phone). when your icon is selected you'll be back at the panel customization window. tap done.
3. back in the main screen tap clinks (if not already selected) and tap show. tap menu, exit.
4. In CeRegEditor, go to HKEY Local machine, software, microsoft, chome. Find extensibilityXML.
5. Edit extensibilityXML to look like this:
Code:
<Plugins Order="CMyPhotos;CMusic;CWelcomeCenter;ATFavePeople;CPhone;CVoicemail;CLauncher;CClock;CText;CEmail;TitaniumWeather;CAppointments;Opera;CHomeFavs;CWindowsLive;CLinks"  CPRFileName="Titanium" DisplayStyle="Titanium" />
basically we just added CLinks into the list.
6. go back into chome configurator on the phone. tap clinks, menu, panel, customize. type at the top (in the "collapsed" field) whatever you want to show on your screen when the panel is not selected. Tap Done. tap menu, exit. tap yes to save changes.
7. enjoy the new panel that launches bing!

Credit for that goes to hafrust! http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63086
Attached Files
File Type: cab CHomeConfig.CAB (315.1 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!