Old 10-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Sonny486
PPCGeeks Regular

Sonny486 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahlsr View Post
Just wanted to say that I defected from Verizon to buy this phone.
I'm still in my 30 day trial period.
I've had the XV6700 before this and did a bunch with cooked roms including the WM6 rom.

This phone is refreshing. The hardware is better, faster, slicker and has more features.
The software is basically great. A couple of glitches but nothing making me want to leave
Windows Mobile anytime soon. I signed up with the telenav trial for the GPS and it basically does what it needs to do fairly easily. Very cool stuff.

As far as my research and personal opinion, this is the best WM6 Pro phone stateside. I could give a crap about AT&T adding some bloatware demos or them charging for tethering (you can still find internet sharing in the windows directory and run it free with data plan) in the sense that every cell company is basically out to make a buck and overcharging for services and hoping you'll buy and download lots of crap based on demos is the norm. Who cares.

The question in my head is always if I can stay with AT&T based on coverage. That is all relative to where people live I presume and my 3G coverage seems lame. I also think that once I'm inside places my coverage weakens more substantially than with Verizon. What do I know.

I do know that if Verizon had this phone I would buy it through them.
I don't know if I will stay with AT&T for this phone.

Just some thoughts as I'm excited this forum has finally opened on this site.
I have a question, do you have bluetooth problems with this phone? Does the bluetooth radio shut off for no reason? I am asking b/c the PPC-6800 has this problem and I would like to see if the Kaiser has the same problem.

-Sonny