View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 04:50 PM
raidzero
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: does constant cooking fragment your HDD faster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I'm sure it would effect it, but I have mine scheduled to defrag mon, wed, fri nights. I also have been known to restore the HDD on my machine every three months as well for no apparrent reason...
LOL I do the same thing... though I do think 3 times a week is a bit excessive. on other machines I schedule a virus scan followed by a spybot scan every night and a defrag every month or so. Just today I spent 8 hours and imaged my drive, wiped all the partitions off and created one big one and reapplied the image. It got me thinking about how I was probably just restoring all the fragmentation but maybe imagex does a bit of auto defragging. Either way I will report my findings, I am defragging now on it. vista's new defrag interface BLOWS!