View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 01:19 PM
acurattack
Lurker

acurattack is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team

I get "AthenaWrapper has encountered an error and needs to close" immediately after I try to open the included HardSPL in this thread, as well as other CDMA HardSPLs. The downloads are fine as far as I can tell, and I have updated to the latest .NET Framework.

A little background: initially I found a HardSPL that I thought had worked and tried to flash my ROM afterward but got the ERROR 284 communications error (see below). However, after seeing some posts telling users to try a different ROM I tried a few others with the same result. Now I see it was never unlocked to begin with.

My bootloader:

RAPH800
SPL-0.36.0000
MicroP-Hermann (LED) v0C85
MicroP-Hermann (KEY) v0685
PSOC-Raph Stage-EXT v20

(USB when connected)

But how can I unlock my SPL when my PC won't run the programs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
try this. click start-settings-connections-usb to pc, then uncheck or check the box under activesync

what problem are you having? please give details of what steps you're doing and what is going wrong or what error you're getting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
reboot computer, then try the suggestion i gave arabseal above. if that doesn't work then uninstall microsoft activesync from your computer, then reinstall it. then try it again

I got the same error ("ERROR 284 : UPDATE ERROR, the RUU has encountered a communications error during update process") while trying to install a new ROM from the bootloader screen after sitting on 0% on both the PC and phone. Is the problem really ActiveSync?

I am a first-time ROM flasher, and learning as I go. Please forgive me if any of these problems have already been addressed in previous posts. I simply do not have time to comb through 90 pages! And yes, I used the search function.

Thank you all for your hard work!!!

SOLUTION:I believe this was solved by simple reorganization. I think I had an extra RUU or HardSPL in the same folder as the one I was trying to install. After moving the desired HardSPL to its own folder, it worked perfectly, and am now running Juicy's ROM effectively. Sounds stupid in retrospect, but that's how we learn, eh? Thanks!

Last edited by acurattack; 08-13-2009 at 03:01 AM.