Thread: Just got mine!
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 02:17 AM
Big Tone

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
OK, so I installed ActiveSync 4.2 on my laptop at home and initially had problems connecting, but figured it out using the information I found here. I then installed it at work and, again, had similar issues with my desktop, but eventually got that figured out. Well, I just got a Dell Latitude D610 to replace my desktop at work and have not been able to connect. I tried addind an exception for all the ports, changed Windows Firewall settings and still cannot get it working. I tried removing and reinstalling ActiveSync and updated to the 4.5 beta; nothing worked.

I've searched for other fixes, but haven't come up with anything. Can you guys help me out? There is an Microsoft Exchange Server at work that I tried connecting to, but couldn't. I was, however, able to connect to Outlook with the old desktop. That's all I really want to do so I can make sure my appointments and contacts are updated regularly. If there is another sync app that works in place of ActiveSyc I'll gladly use that if someone can refer me to it.

Any help with fixes or alternative software is welcome. I'm going to Minneapolis Monday morning and would really like to have this fixed before then. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I am REALLY enjoying this phone. WM is sooo much better than POS. My wife's Treo 650 just crapped out on her and a 700wx is being sent as a replacement!