PPCGeeks Regular

bb2ppc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bb2ppc
Re: TP runs hot for no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantes5823 View Post
Hi there. i was wondering if i was the only one having this problem. I was runnin one of Silence's roms and it was great, batt life was decent, more that a day worth of light use, and it was responsive. I was also runnin the Telus radio. Now as of late my phone is runnin hot just from being in the holster and my battery is 20% before lunch time rolls around. If it helps im in NC Cherry Point area and service out here is spotty at best.
I had the same prob up until yesterday. I upgraded my Radio and the PRL & PRI files. Before doing all the upgrades I only upgraded the radio for Sprint. Then I went ahead and upgraded the PRL & PRI files. Thats when I was back to square one with the phone looking for a signal and running hot. What I ended up doing was playing around with the PRL file and found one that was good for my area. You can find a list or PRL's on the link, give that a shot.

http://www.corolada.com/prl/

To load the new PRL you can you can follow the steps below:

1. On your dial pad, dial ##PRL# (or ##775#)
2. Enter your MSL (if you don't know it, I'm sure you can find a program that can do it for you)
3. Tap "Menu" in the lower right corner
4. Tap "Edit"
5. Select "Browse" and locate the PRL file.
6. After selecting the PRL and loading it, select OK. Handset should power off then back on.

Last edited by bb2ppc; 08-11-2009 at 06:29 AM.