carceo19
Lurker

carceo19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No IMAP4 Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctld View Post
I have installed a package on my phone. I am now having trouble setting up accounts. Once the package was installed, everything was great, EXCEPT, that both my email accounts went crazy. I have two on my phone. The gmail account worked just fine because I reinstall it to access mail via IMAP4.

However, when I try to reset my yahoo (sbcglobal.net) account, it defaults to the IMAP4 option and account type is grayed out, so I don't have the option to change it to POP, which is required for yahoo accounts.

Can anyone please tell me how to reset this so I have the option to choose? I would like to do this without uninstalling the package because I love everything else about the package. But I must receive my emails.

Thanx!
ive had the some problems connecting my free yahoo after i flashed my rom but ive been looking around and messing with the settings and i got my email to work again. i have att yahoo and it works

incoming: imap.next.mail.yahoo.com
outgoing: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

hope this helps for anyone that was having trouble..

oh in outgoing, in the bottom click advanced server settings and in network connection make sure you use the network your provider gave you or the network you made