View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 08:30 PM
jringo718
N00b
Threadstarter

jringo718 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My phone has become slow to the point its unusable. Need some help please.

Ok, here is a little update and a little clarification.

So I have tried hard resetting with every combination possible and did stock all over again without the SD card and it seemed like it was fixed, I know the Sprint official rom isnt the best, but it was running smoother than Mighty's and Juicy's which I had done all without a SD card as well. So I am all excited and stuff and then 30 minutes into using it, the problem was back. So then I realized this happens when the phone is getting hot, so I left it off and then tried it, problem solved. Forward to 6 hours after not using it, and the problems back, and this time the phone is ice cold. Then I tried Mighty again and everything was smooth again, and then the problem returned. So I have realized there is no pattern, it just happens and I am guessing the processor is fried or something.

So I am with Sprint and I called again, the best they could do was hook me up with a one time insurance claim from Asurion and I got happy, till the supervisor tells me they will charge me the deductible (I think its $100?) and then I got a little angry and said why cant I get a replacement from Sprint under warranty since my last phone ATLEAST didnt have a damn friend processor and I was sent some half working refurb and she said the system wont let her and told me to call HTC. HTC tells me I have to send the phone in and it might take 2+ weeks, I REALLY CANT live without a phone for 2+ weeks and I got no other Sprint phones....

You think I should just upgrade my plan to a simply everything and get a PRE? This is downright stupid, I love the Touch Pro, but its like there is no quality control whatsoever...

I'd try the store, but I will probably get the same crap and I just moved back to college, leaving me with no way to get 25 miles to the nearest Sprint store.