View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 04:48 PM
SweetBearCub
Regular 'Geeker

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: audio out of dongle

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
why would u even need the dongle to run ICS, take your stock HTC charger cord out and use it as the usb cord for ICS... your comp will charge as you go... as long as u keep the device cool enough, it will stay charging
As far as keeping the device cool - If you're going to be using it to do something data or GPS intensive (tethering, GPS turn-by-turn nav, etc) and charging at the same time, open the phone. Having the slider open makes it easier to keep the phone cool.

As far as using the stock TP dongle to do power, data (either to/from the PC or 3G), and headphones - It works fine. Just yesterday I took my TP, its USB cable, dongle, and headset to the gym. I plugged the USB cable into the small PC attached to the exercise bike, and then connected the USB cable and headset to the dongle, which I plugged into the TP. The PC came up with an add new hardware wizard, which I canceled. My TP began to charge. I was able to use the YouTube app on the TP to stream music videos (Over 3G/EVDO) to the headset while riding. At no point did it overheat or stop charging.