View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 10:22 AM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need some help - I think my phone is bricked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrg87 View Post
So I was trying out a new radio for my touch pro last night...

Everything was going along as usual until the phone restarted. The 'HTC Touch Pro' screen came up and then the phone cut right back off. The screen was blank and as far as I can tell the phone was off, but it wouldn't stop vibrating until I pulled the battery out and unplugged the USB cable. Now any attempt to turn the phone back on gives me the same result. I get the HTC Touch Pro screen and then constant vibrating. I've tried pressing the vol down button, enter key, and reset button to do a hard reset(I think that's how to do it manually), and I've also tried the soft reset. Neither have worked. Though probably because the phone isn't actually on other than the couple of seconds the Touch Pro screen is up.

I have insurance with sprint, so I guess I'll have to take it in for a replacement. I'm just worried because the phone is unlocked and has a custom rom as well as a different radio. But seeing as the phone won't turn on I think I might be okay. I'm not sure though.. Is there any other way for them to find out?

Has anyone else here had this or something similar happen to them? Is there maybe a way to fix it or any troubleshooting I can try? Or should I just take my chances with Sprint? I'd appreciate any help at all. Thanks.

When it comes up to the Touch Pro boot screen does it show the new radio version at the bottom? That would be the only hint I can see Sprint catching if you want it replaced, but it kinda sounds toast man....