View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 09:46 PM
bigknoxy
N00b

bigknoxy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Keyboard Fix

I already posted this on the the EngeryROM thread but thought this would apply to all with a Touch Pro.
Background: My Keyboard had been flaky for quite a while but would always work if I did a 'Clear Storage' or reflashed a new ROM... but if finally died and would not work at all. Here is how I fixed it for me. Hopefully it works for you too!

Here is what I posted on the other thread:

Quote:
So, I flashed the stock ROM back on my phone and relocked it so I could take it back to the Sprint store, fully expecting to get a replacement phone because my hardware keyboard had finally quit working all together. So I take it in and they take it back to their tech guy... a couple min later they call me back there (I'm thinking 'oh crap, did I not relock properly?' Lol..)
The tech (who I actually know) tells me he literally just heard about a new fix today.
The fix is:
Take the battery out, hold down the space bar pretty hard for about 5 seconds (while the battery is out), reinsert the battery and power on device.
I don't know how or why this worked, but I am not complaining. Hopefully this will last...
Good luck and I hope this helps out.