View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 02:15 PM
kidFromBigD
PPCGeeks Regular

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Telus TP2 app & game reccomendations and additional pros/cons/questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
Headset is plugged in (since it wont open until you do) but no radio stations are picked up.. not even the slightest static sound.
Ok, so your previous device, the Diamond, has a bluetooth chip with FM radio circuitry in-built that apparently the TP2 does not. Even so, there were some tricks the ROM chefs had to play to activate the FM radio for the Diamond. Someone correct me here, but I think a hard SPL had to be unlocked and whatnot.

FM radio relies on the actual circuitry embedded somewhere on a chip in the TP2. When you install the .cab to make FM radio work, well you're using software that assumes Diamond chipsets which is clearly not applicable to your new hotness.

I think we're going to have to "Wait-and-See" if the FM radio exists in the TP2's coming to CDMA markets. But make no mistake: if anyone can find it, unlock it, and exploit all its capabilities, it's the ROM chefs on PPCGeeks that will do so(with an assist from the good folks at xda-developers).

Last edited by kidFromBigD; 08-06-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Spelling and 8th grade grammar corrections.