psywzrd
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

psywzrd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazed View Post
Perhaps there is a memory leak from a TSR(Terminate and Stay Resident) program on your phone. Have you tried using a Task Manager (eg. Magic Button, HTC X Button) to close out everything before you go to bed? That should rule out memory hogs. If that doesn't work I would turn off all Radios.. phone, bluetooth, Wifi.. everything. See if that helps. Do one thing at a time each night to narrow down the culprit. Also... you may want to call sprint *2 to see if you need a PRL (Preferred Roaming List) update. That is a list of the most current cell towers and can help in certain cases.

phaZed
I do use X-Button and I usually leave ActiveSync, Outlook email and the threaded SMS app running in the background overnight (I also run Oxios Hibernate very frequently to reclaim memory and I've pretty much given up using Bluetooth since I upgraded to the crappy new ROM). I guess I could try closing out both Outlook and SMS before I charge the phone overnight but the SMS program is going to start up on its own anyway since it always does (it's like the phone should be running low on memory with those three progs running).

As far as turning off the phone's radio, even if that was the culprit it's not like I'm going to turn my phone off every night. What would be the point? I need to have my phone working at all times. And I do have the most updated PRL and I'm also in an EVDO-covered area so this is definitely not roaming-related.