View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 11:57 PM
mlin
Just call me Dr. Doctor

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dumped my touch pro!! Best thing ever!

I currently have a Diamond and a Pre. I gave my wife my TP and I got the Pre. I agree that in many ways the Pre is better, but there are also several things that annoy me about it and drive me back to using my Diamond every now and then.

1) I like the level of detail I can have on one home screen of my Diamond. The Pre gives me a wallpaper and 5 shortcuts. The form is boring and I could go for more function.

2) I don't like the keyboard. It's miserable to type on and I am way faster on my Diamond with TouchPal and faster still on my wife's TP. In addition, the lack of arrows to move the cursor make it a pain to go back and make a change or correction.

3) When I needed to find an old email in my outlook accout yesterday I was disappointed to find out that I was unable to search the server from my Pre.

4) I can't get on the WiFi network on my job because the browser offers no option to accept certificates that need to be agreed upon before browsing.

It's a great device, but i don't want to discount how well WinMo does many things. WinMo may not be the smoothest or most user friendly, but it sure gets the job done, and so far, from my experience, that's more jobs than the Pre.

Last edited by mlin; 08-06-2009 at 12:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.