View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SSK Kitchen/WM6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
Hey guys,
havent posted or been here in a while.
A couple months ago i cooked a wm6.1 rom and was sick of TF3D so i was using SPB MS3.0. Got sick of it, and saw that TF3D2 still isnt really out/perfected. So i decided to go to the wm6.5 route. Last time i tried it, it was cool, but was still buggy.

Not sure if it's just me, but it still seems buggy. I cooked my own using the latest SSK Kitchen, and have had nothing but problems. And this is most likely an error on my part, not on the kitchen. I loaded it the first time, and the screen just hung up at the loading screen. Cooked another, and it got father loaded nicely seemed all good and great, it had to reset for some reason and the main problem i'm getting is after it resets it seems like it forgot that it already was loaded once before?

Any one experiencing that. After i calibrate the screen all that good stuff, i reset the phone, and it wants to re-calibrate the screen and everything. Not really sure why....any ideas on that. Other than that wm 6.5 seemed to have come a long way and the SSK kitchen seems very easy, but that is obviously a BIG problem i cant seem to resolve.

Any ideas/suggestions would be great. Thanks guys
the SSK Kitchen is very easy to use as you mentioned. Couple things you should look out for. in the first field in build os, don't select "Updated icon pack". SSK mentioned that this is only for 6.1 roms but it made it's way into to 6.5 kitchen(he plans of fixing this). this will cause problems visually with the rom post flash. Also, be sure to not check or uncheck all touchflo options if you want a titanium only rom including touchflo which is listed in in OEM apps. Now if you want tf3d, keep these checked, many of them already are checked but makes sure you don't check more than one item if the title says "Choose one or none" This also applies to any other field that asks you to make a selection. Just look at the title to determine whether you can are supposed to select just one. It might be best to cook up as clean a rom as you can to see if you can isolate the oem that is causing you problems. Lastly, constant recalibration of the screen or random hard resets are a sign that you need to flash back to the shipped rom first, before you flash your new custom rom.

one more thing, you can visit his website and ask questions about cooking in his rom or post questions in his rom thread. Scott is very helpful as are others that will help you out. I have no issues at all with cooking up roms in his kitchen. best of luck.

Last edited by Riley; 08-05-2009 at 09:29 PM.