View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 07:24 PM
CovKid66
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Reviews

There are tons of reviews out there that do a better and more thorough job than I could! I just read Mighty Mike's review if that helps.

My $0.02?
  • It's a solid, well built device that feels great in the hand. A little heavy, but it just feels perfect in your hand anyway. The curved / rounded corners and back make it seem less of a brick than the Touch Pro (TP from here on in) used to. That device was so square on the corners!
  • The screen is incredible...bright, large, and clear
  • The keyboard is absolutely fantastic...far better than the TP. Much more space between the keys. I had endless typos on the TP and often found myself using the SIP instead
  • No lag when sliding kbd in / out
  • Nice to have a 3.5mm headphone jack finally!
  • Audio quality and loudness seem just fine
  • I like the ever-so-slightly-raised volume buttons. I found the-almost-flush ones on the TP a PITA! Same for the power button
  • Not using TF3D but the Start Menu link to the Programs was a nice touch when I first tried it. I use SPB MobileShell 3.0 and compared to the Touch Pro the extra real estate is a real bonus
  • Battery life seems fine, but it really is too early to tell. I've only had it since yesterday and I'm on vacation right now anyway
  • Loving the tilt feature. Didn't really give it much thought until I started using the device in landscape. Feels great in your hands...really helps keep it balanced
  • Camera seems okay, but never been a fan of phone camera's...I don't buy a phone for it's camera features...I'm an amateur photographer....enough said
  • Thought I'd miss the d-pad but I think it's just something you have to get used to. I find I'm using this in landscape more than I ever used to use my TP anyway
  • Screen seems way more responsive than the TP
  • Definitely seems faster than the TP. No issues with memory. It's snappy
  • No issues with GPS locking like some others seem to be saying
  • Extra stylus length is nice
Seems like HTC have really done their homework with this device. Hats off to them for this one!

Hope this helps!

EDIT # 1: The zoom finger slider just above the hard buttons is a nice touch too. Zoom in and out in Opera, e-mail messages, etc. (Just got around to trying this out!)

EDIT2: Here is a link to an update I compiled now that I'm 3 weeks into using my TP2.

Last edited by CovKid66; 09-15-2009 at 12:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.