View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 02:28 PM
btrcp2000
PPCGeeks Regular

btrcp2000 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The perfect car mount for TP! (With swivel)

I have the ebay one in the above post. Works great, and it actually allows the kb to be opened if you only slide it far enough in so that the thumb tab grabs the seam between the kb and the screen.

That said I have recently sunk a bunch of money into "permanent" mounting stuff for my and my wife's cars from Proclipusa.com (same stuff as brodit, including the one you linked). I tried for years to rig up cheap solutions, but whatever I did was always either not stable (vibrated a lot when driving), or looked like sh!t. I decided to spend more on the mount side (proclip mounts customized for our car models) and cheap out on the actual device holders (the ebay one for my TP, and a universal adjustable one for my wife's treo $7 on ebay). Had to modify a bit to get them connected to proclip stuff, but just with a drill and screwdriver. I am extremely happy with this setup, knowing that I will have to spend a small amount if I get a new phone (every 2 years or so), but a larger amount when we get a new car ($40 every five years isn't the end of the world)

For the record, I spent A LOT of time and a decent sum of money attempting to rig up various solutions from various parts/junk/hardware stores and ebay. There is a reason that co's like proclip exist and are profitable.
This post has been thanked 2 times.