View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 09:50 AM
discipler
PPCGeeks Regular

discipler is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem with Streaming Radio Stopping

Help please. This is not an issue I have with Sprint stock Rom, but with most of the cooked ones I do. Presently I am using MightyMikes Sprint with 6.5.

Here is the issue: When I begin streaming radio station on any one of many cooked Roms, Windows Media Player begins fine and plays for a few minutes and then it stops. The problem doesn't seem to occur when the link is mp3 which opens in the TCPMP Core Player, but only with the WMP opening into the Windows Media Player. When it stops, I have to hit the play button again or sometimes I have to click the link again over in the Browser. Try it for yourself please.

Go to www.thestreamcenter.com/pda > select a state > scroll down and select a WMP hyperlink and see if you get continuous play or does it stop after 3 or 4 minutes.

I used the Advanced Configuration Tool to make sure that DATA was "always on", so that is not an issue (the default is "enabled"). Someone please help. I generally like these Roms, but Streaming Audio is a big deal to me.