Thread: CDMA or GSM?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:07 PM
shaggylive
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CDMA or GSM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keery458 View Post
well, Telus is launching their new network, which is UMTS/HSPA, so eventually they will roll off the CDMA Bands. But thats further down the line. Once that happens, and people that try to jump on the new network, they will no longer be on the CDMA, especially since you need the right hardware to get the new network(touch pro 2). so when that happens do we consider our selves GSM?
if and when they actually drop cdma then I suppose. it surprises me they are going that route, and I suspect it will become more of a hybrid. but who knows, I have a hard enough time keeping up with our FCC