View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 06:17 PM
huwah2
Lurker

huwah2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Programs won't install after hard reset- HELP!!!

First, I have searched high and low, google, yahoo, customer service, microsoft technet, and all my tech friends for a solution to this problem, but nobody has an answer that fits my situation and solves my problem. Ok, now on to the actual problem.

I've had my touch pro since release, my local store got tired of me exchanging my mogul for the white lcd spot, and have not had any mechanical problems at all, so I don't want to chance exchanging this unit unless I have to. One day, it wouldn't connect to anything; no phone, no data, no sync, no power charge, nothing. the device worked, it just wouldn't communicate with the outside world in any way, so I did a hard reset to see if it would fix it. worked like a charm, everything came back, my boss was able to call me with my assignment for the day, the world was right again.

until I tried to install my apps. skyfire-OK, total commander-OK, garmin-OK, google maps-needed a fresh cab to install, pipes-unsuccessful, super arcade-unsuccessful, MS E-book reader-unsuccessful. without at least one of those programs, my day becomes very very boring and long.

so I did what most people would do and hard reset again. tried those three programs first. nothing. none of them would get even to the point of asking where to install. just that the installation was unsuccessful in mocking, bold print. the others installed just fine again.

I would prefer to not flash a different ROM, but I am open to it as a last resort.

Anybody got any suggestions?

tried:
security settings over sync- fail
registry searches for hints of programs still installed- nothing there
3rd hard reset- no progress
sprint tech support- insist it's the other guys problem
windows mobile support- umm, yeah, why do you think these kinds of forums exist all over
tech friends- suggest I get an iPhone. we are no longer on speaking terms
msdn technet- couldn't find anything actually relevant