View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 06:03 PM
eehrhard
Almost a VIP

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Program for pc, to use phone as modem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by areonic1 View Post
Alright, sorry for the lack of into. What I have CURRENTLY is....
HTC Touch Pro
Stock Shipped Rom(downloaded from here)
Sprint Provider
Unlimited Everything Plan

Now, I was using mightyrom, but my internet wouldnt work. In order to even get internet to work on my phone, I hd to put the stock rom on, then put in the ## number to unlock it, and edit my profile thing with what sprint told me to put, then it started working. Thats why Im not using a special rom at the moment.

I currently am using PDAnet as the program that I guess makes it so your phone can be a modem.From what I read on a site a while back, to use your phone as a modem, you have to use a prgram, such as pdanet, but my tral will run out soon and then Ill have to pay for it. From what I read on ppcgeeks, you dont have to do that, that theres a way to make it work for free.

Also, for the people that say they have been doing this for a long time, if you dont mind, whih provider do you have, and how mucch do you use it? Like just basic web sites once in a while, basic sites all day, downloads, downloads of large files etc....sorry just trying to get an idea of limits

Forgot one thing, is there a way to make the screen turn off while connected to the pc as a modem? Cause mines getting really hot if i use it for like 20mins, and it wont charge at the same time either

Anyway, thank you guys for the help so far...

You do not need PDAnet or any programs. There is a simple regedit you make to make it work and then you just use the internet sharing program that came on your phone with the standard sprint data profile. Just hit connect and plug it in and it works simple as that.
--
(From Baffles TP essentials Thread)

Hack Internet Sharing to work: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing] Delete Extension key, set/create MaxCMCon=0 (decimal). [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings] Set ForceCellConnection="Sprint" -- Cabified Version Here
--

You can set your backlight to turn off wich should save you some heat possibly.

I use my data for all kinds of things. Downloading files, surfing the web anything i would do normally. I travel a lot and often hotels internet is so crappy i will teather instead.

Last edited by eehrhard; 08-04-2009 at 06:05 PM.