View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 05:08 PM
areonic1
N00b
Threadstarter

areonic1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Program for pc, to use phone as modem?

Alright, sorry for the lack of into. What I have CURRENTLY is....
HTC Touch Pro
Stock Shipped Rom(downloaded from here)
Sprint Provider
Unlimited Everything Plan

Now, I was using mightyrom, but my internet wouldnt work. In order to even get internet to work on my phone, I hd to put the stock rom on, then put in the ## number to unlock it, and edit my profile thing with what sprint told me to put, then it started working. Thats why Im not using a special rom at the moment.

I currently am using PDAnet as the program that I guess makes it so your phone can be a modem.From what I read on a site a while back, to use your phone as a modem, you have to use a prgram, such as pdanet, but my tral will run out soon and then Ill have to pay for it. From what I read on ppcgeeks, you dont have to do that, that theres a way to make it work for free.

Also, for the people that say they have been doing this for a long time, if you dont mind, whih provider do you have, and how mucch do you use it? Like just basic web sites once in a while, basic sites all day, downloads, downloads of large files etc....sorry just trying to get an idea of limits

Forgot one thing, is there a way to make the screen turn off while connected to the pc as a modem? Cause mines getting really hot if i use it for like 20mins, and it wont charge at the same time either

Anyway, thank you guys for the help so far...

Last edited by areonic1; 08-04-2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: forgot a question