View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:31 AM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a better text messaging app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmb2n View Post
Tried Vito SMS for an hour and can't wait to get if off my phone. The Windows SMS is so much better and it's free.
I completely totally disagree, but that's why there are various options available.

I use SMS-Chat with the TouchPal KB.

This setup using T+ (their version of T-9) is WAY WAY faster than using the hardware KB (+ I never have to worry about the hardware KB problems) & it always works perfectly.

When I first installed Rhodium in a previous ROM, it had the "no sim card installed" error when sending a text from TF. I never even realized my system had the problem however as SMS-Chat still worked perfectly.

I use AEButton + to set up SMS-Chat to open with a double click of the round center button. That way, I can instantly open SMS-Chat ready to text from ANY screen no matter what I'm doing. This is the very first thing I do after any ROM flash.

~John