View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 12:05 PM
brownhornet
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: no Metro Reps in port st lucie will flash my touch pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by affliction View Post
heres how flashing actually works with metro..

metro uses houdini to "flash" your phone.. well thats what they call it.. all they really do is run the program which loads a prl, unlocks the spc, and programs your sid/nid thats it... every phone that is flashed is then allowed on to the esn and billing system under the houdini phone title...

if you flash the phone yourself your not gonna be able to take it to metro and activate it because metro does not have an open esn policy.. depending on what market your in i can tell you that metro techs are a bunch of idiots and are too lazy to actually hook up a phone to flash it... if you do, flash it yourself, check out howardforums.com the metro section has dealers that are willing to risk their job to add an esn for a price..

just a note when you flash at metro the fee is automaticly charged to your account, but when you pay the flashing fee its credited back(stupid i know).. now if you have your esn added you have to pay to have it added but its essentially the same way..

Actually, I know quite a few people that flashed their own phones to metro and then took them into the store and started an account. The guy I sold my vogue to did exactly that. There are people on craigslist here that flash phones for people on metro all the time w/ working mms and internet and they have no issues getting them added. May just be a regional thing but in Atlanta thats definitely not an issue. And I know because I flashed the vogue to metro for him...