View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 11:51 PM
WACOMalt
Lurker

WACOMalt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Ozone

Hi, I am new to verizon, but not new at all to winmo phones. I used to be on AT&T, with a blackjack2, and had to do quite a bit of messing around to get ICS to work on it (Because, like Verizon, AT&T strips their phones of their built in features, then charge to "enable" them)

Now I am with Verizon (as of yesterday) on an HTC Ozone, trying to get ICS to work. I installed the CAB for IntShrUI (as it is missing by default) but I have a few issues. If I launch IntShrUI, I see no options under the "PC Connection" list. Which should be USB right? I also see nothing under "Network Connection".

I tried typing in ##778 but when I went to edit, it asked for an unlock code? EDIT: I went to view instead, and see my MIP Defualt Profile is already fine, so I guess I ignore this section.

Now I have a few options here... On my old Blackjack2, under settings, connections, I had a "USB" option, not "USB > PC" like on the Ozone, and in there you could tell it how to use the USB. I could choose modem, or activesync. If I set it to modem, and had the modem drivers installed on my PC, then I could manually connect via the dial-up connection in vista. If I left it on activesync, I could just go to internet connection sharing, choose USB, and it would connect right away fine.

Also, not sure how much anyone knows about this, but when I got the phone, the verizon guy was cool and basically said that there is a way to trick Verizon's VZAccess program. You would get the 30 day free trial, and once you install it you change a setting, and it would basically not switch off on their end when you call and cancel. You still having the program working fine, and they never got the memo to not allow you any more. Thus you never pay a cent (as it should be).

last option is using PDANet, which seems to ...sort of... work. It cuts in and out on me all the time.. so yeah.

I went ahead and got the free VZAccess trial as the guy said (will cancel here shortly) So if I can find the hack that guy told me about that is my best option. If not? I need to get ICS, or USB modem working. Preferably I want them all to work.. so I can pick and choose (as it should be again).

So, if someone can help me get ICS working, that would be great, and if anybody knows anything about the VZAccess glitch I can exploit, that would be cool as well.

Thank you all for any help you can give me, this is a great forum!

Last edited by WACOMalt; 07-29-2009 at 11:56 PM.