View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 01:46 PM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
you guys who don't have the lockups...

Mine was working fine at first too. It wasn't until I went to my office where there is a weak signal that it started freezing up. At one point it got so bad that the phone would lock up upon the soft reset! It wouldn't even finish booting!
Then when I went home to my good EVDO coverage area, everything seemed fine again.

We're pretty sure it has to do with the Radio ROM part of the update, more specifically, the phone goes a bit nutty when switching networks (roaming in and out) on a weak signal. If you're in a good coverage area, everything is hunky dory, and you guys might think your update works great! But then you might go into a store or travel somewhere only to find that your phone has locked up in your pocket and you missed a lot of calls without knowing! Worse yet, even after soft resetting, your phone won't be stable again until you move to a different location.

Just cuz it works now doesn't mean there isn't a problem. This is serious.

Last edited by dishe; 10-25-2007 at 01:48 PM.