View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 09:34 AM
askwhy
Regular 'Geeker

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
Great post...does anyone know how to backup the weather and programs info for tf3d? That would be great....thanks and please keep up the great info.

Not sure about the programs tab, as I keep it disabled anymore -- but I can help with the weather. To backup your weather settings you need to save a regfile to SASHIMI\Auto\REG with some of the data from --

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]

In particular, you need to backup 'Weather.CityList' but I would also include:

'Weather.ServerURLOverride'
'Locale'
'Weather_Focus'
'Weather.Fahrenheit'
'Weather.PostFirstRun'

After running SASHIMI you will have any pre-cooked-in locations removed and overwritten with your own -- and you will only need to hit 'Update'. For instance my file looks like this:
Quote:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]

"Weather.CityList"="NAM|US|CO|FORT COLLINS,NAM|US|DC|WASHINGTON,NAM|US|NY|NEW YORK"
"Weather.ServerURLOverride"="http://weather.not2advanced.com/htcweather/forecastdata.php?ac=XDADevs&locCode=%25ls&version= 1&device=innovation"
"Locale"="en-US"
"Weather_Focus"="United States"
"Weather.Fahrenheit"=dword:00000001
"Weather.PostFirstRun"=dword:00000001
Not sure if all the chefs have ROMs with the same weather server URL cooked-in, the one above is simply the one that was already in my registry when I went to back it up. I had no idea previously that a special weather patch server tied to the community was even being used to make things happen.

If you have added a custom city using a database editor of some sort, you will also want to backup the manila file (database file) that you edited, and that file is called 2330fc3c_manila -- place that file in \SASHIMI\Auto\Root\Windows\ to have it restored automatically.

Last edited by askwhy; 08-14-2009 at 07:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.